As the cooler months come upon us, it’s time to ramp up our skincare routines!
Your skin might be starting to become dry, tight and itchy as the dry, cold air outside, with heated interiors inside starts to have an effect on our skins natural hydration levels.
We all tend to drink less water in these winter months, and our skin slowly starts to become dehydrated.
FUN TIP: Drink at least 2 litres of water per day.
A massive bonus to drinking the correct amount of water intake per day is its ability to flush your body and skin of toxins. This will cleanse your skin by pushing out bacteria and reducing the risk of acne and other skin problems.
A guideline to maintaining a hydrated complexion in winter is:
1. Start using an oil based serum to add further hydration before applying your moisturiser morning & night
2. Use a more nourishing night cream for the winter months
3. Exfoliate more frequently to remove dead skin build-up
4. Start using a face mask twice a week with moisturising ingredients
5. Only wash your face with lukewarm or cool water as hot water can dry out your skin and lessen the healing properties of your skin care
6. Sleep with a humidifier in your room to soothe your skin and add moisture to your room during dry seasons/climates
Take on the advice above to help prevent the largest organ of the body (your skin) to become dry and irritated!
The TOP products we recommended here at Classic are:
Classic skin care:
o Classic Mist - boosts hydration and antioxidant protection
o Classic Cream Cleanse – deeply cleanses the skin with nourishing and hydrating ingredients to help calm any redness and irritation
Medik8 skin care:
o Ultimate Recovery Intense - ultra-rich, restorative cream for dry, compromised and post-treatment skin
o Hydr8 B5 - a serum full of ‘hyaluronic acid’, an ingredient that holds 1000 times its own weight in water! Along with ‘Vitamin B5’, that helps lock in moisture throughout your day.
- Classic Kiara